Are you considering a move to Boulder, Colorado? Well, you’ve come to the right place. As a Realtor with RE/MAX Alliance over the years I have helped many Californians buy a home in the Boulder area.
What is the appeal of Boulder and Colorado?
1. The Weather–over 300 days of sunshine a year in Boulder. And don’t get scared about the winters, overall they are not that bad. It’s nothing like the Midwest winters you see in Michigan, Illinois or Minnesota.
2. The Outdoor lifestyle–hiking, bicycling, jogging, skiing, mountain climbing, outdoor sports, skateboard parks and tons of city parks and trails.
3. Cost of real estate is much more affordable here compared to California.
4. Property taxes for real estate is much lower in Colorado.
5. Outstanding Public School System–The Boulder Valley School District is one of the best in the state of Colorado. One benefit in Colorado over California is you are guaranteed a spot in your neighborhood school. You don’t have to spend the night waiting in line to get a spot in your local school for your child.
6. Not as crowded in Colorado. We have traffic but nothing like you see in parts of California.
7. Some of the most beautiful spots in the world are in Colorado—Rocky Mountain National Park, Pikes Peak, and many other national parks. We drove to the top of Pikes Peak recently on Labor Day weekend.
8. If you like to ski then Colorado is the place for you–some of the best skiing in the country at Vail, Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Loveland. Many resorts are within 90 minutes of Boulder.
9. The Blue Sky. Once you visit you will see what I am talking about. The pristine blue sky is beautiful.
10. Four seasons–some people love living in a place where you get all four seasons. One other benefit in Colorado is the dry climate, very low humidity in the summer.
Fill out the contact form below and we can schedule a time to chat about your move here and put together a plan to help you find your new home in Colorado. I have been a Realtor since 2003 with RE/MAX Alliance and I specialize in helping Home Buyers relocating to this area.